https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/


Sunday 30 November 2014

Lots of little houses

Hello folks, the time is marching along pretty quickly and tho it's been very mild I do wonder if we will have any snow this winter. We only got a light dusting last January not enough to make a snowball with let alone a snowman!

This little 'quirky' house picture was made for a family member so I hope they like it.

Also this week I've been fiddling about with some different sort of houses. This one is a winter scene..

Do you like the red heart hanging on the branch? The occupants hung it there when they moved in. haha There is smoke coming out of the chimney so somebody is in, lets go and have a cuppa with a slice of cake while we warm our tootsies by the fire.
                                                           Side view.

'Posh' girl is sitting next to it so you can see the size of the house. Lots of snow on the roof and on the 'trees'. 'Posh' is feeling quite chilly sitting there with her fancy ball dress on!

Here are a few more houses sitting in the shelves while I await inspiration. The box  (or little drawer) is one of 5 that Head Honcho found in the shed. I just added a couple of shelves, handy eh, just right for little houses.

Archie is taking a keen interest in gardening and likes this 'blue' orchid very much although he is wondering why it doesn't smell. The two buds on the end that have now come out are a pale shade of blue with a pink strip centre.
This weeks linky parties are;
the-chicken-chick.com/
handmadeharbour.blogspot.
thededicatedhouse.com
thediydreamer.com
lambertslately.com

13 comments:

  1. I love your winter house - the little hanging heart is a lovely touch. The pic of Archie is lovely. Quentin likes to smell flowers, always makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute!! can imagine sitting inside with a cuppa- brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love "Walk on the Sunny Side"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little houses. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute and I love your sampler from the last post. I'm just starting a blanket - interesting idea to make sideways stripes then crochet them together presumably? I have a quick boredom factor and hate long rows of stitches so this really appeals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might crochet together or knit some bands and add embroidery, not sure yet.....still got a long ways to go!

      Delete
  6. I love your houses, they're really sweet, and I love the colour of your orchid too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty little houses with such detail from all sides :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I can't decide whether I like the 2D or 3D houses best, they're all just so cute!! But I think the heart on the branch might just sway it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't played in such a long, long time. Your little house is cute and love the dangly heart. Gosh. Never seen a blue orchid before. It's beautiful. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous font on "the sunny side of the street". Really nice idea to use the log as a base too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love your little houses. Very clever idea. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete