https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/


Saturday 7 March 2015

Felty pictures

My daughter felted this little robin for me on some wool fabric and then I added some needlework.
Now what shall it be, a nice big brooch for a scarf?

Nope, found a box frame upstairs that just fitted and with an added label which says European robin in Latin (I did alter the label slightly after I took the photo) it makes a nice little picture.


Everybody squash up, and make room for little Robin Redbreast on the mantelpiece, which is getting rather crowded!  We have a nest in the honeysuckle in our back garden which comes to life in spring time with a family of robins, so sweet. There is also a robin that lives out the front somewhere, but never the twain shall meet, cos although they are so cute looking, boy do they hammer each other given the chance!

Now how cute is this, just too cute for words!! Eldest daughter, who needle felted the German Shepherd in my last blog, made this for her sister. Yes, needle felting again. How clever of her. Her facebook page is Amanda.C art, she has also done a pug portrait, which is on her page. Commissions welcome.

Here is a peek at some needlework I have been stitching, more about that next time.


This weeks linky parties are;-
lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk/blog
.the-chicken-chick.com
thediydreamer.
ivyandelephants.blogspot

10 comments:

  1. Lovely post. The robin is fabulous, as is the dog - cute little face. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous needle felting, the robin is so sweet. I'm guessing your daughter takes after her talented Mum. Have a lovely week.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure WHICH dog is CUTER?! [or bird..]
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried felting but LOVE this little robin. Framing him is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the robin he is so cute but then again so is the little dawgie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful pieces, and you've got so many crafty pieces on your mantelpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This little robin looks like real, your daugther is very talented. It look aweome in this box frame.

    Carpet cleaning Wimbledon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that little robin!! Especially in the box frame, its the perfect addition to your utterly charming mantlepiece display :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work, a gorgeous little robin. What a talented daughter you have. I'm sure her sister will be over the moon with her picture

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea, I love the robin! Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete