https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/


Sunday 21 June 2015

Shabby coat hangers and doggy biscuits.

Last week I was making some coat/key hangers from some wood I found in the shed. This one has a trompe l'oeil key hole with an old key insert, to hang our keys on! I hand painted the ribbon and leaves and the flowers are decoupaged.

Three more with vintage hooks. Decoupaged flowers and painted ribbon.

                                   The shabby chic look with a vintage little lace and cotton dress.


This blue robe/towel hanger is for my daughter who wanted one for her bathroom. In her favourite colour. The wood is a piece of cut down shelf and painted white and then decoupaged and 3 hooks added and 2 screw fixings added either side.  She is delighted with it, phew!

Archie has been busy as well.....making healthy doggy biscuits! Him and his mates think they are rather scrummy. They are made with peanut butter, carrot, apple, egg and porridge oats and then baked. They last for quite a while in a air tight jar, no actual measurments, just a bung it together recipe!
                                                    Haha, the label goes on the jar Archie!

                                                    That's better!!

If there was some added sugar they would be quite nice for humans!! Anyway they are all gone now, need another jar full so he can share with his chums.

Party links are:-
clever-chicks-blog-hop-144

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love those plaques, anything vintage style and I am drooling. As for Archie hidden this post from Shiloh or he will be wanting some but may give them a go though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hangers, they are so pretty and Archie looks delighted with his biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the key and keyhole. Very pretty vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness Archie is a handsome fellow! He makes an excellent model! I might try making these for my canine nephew Phil Collins (yes, my sisters dog is named after the drummer from Genesis). I adore you coat and key hangers. Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hangers are delightful, I love the shabby look and the 'keyhole' is a great touch.
    Thanks for popping over to my blog, I've done a search and the purple flowers are called Lacy Phacelia (Phacelia Tanacetifolia), I'll update my blog for next week :)
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty vintage hangers - I love that style and the shade of blue is really beautiful x

    ReplyDelete